RADON MITIGATION: ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR MADISON
January 12, 2018
Nothing lasts long. Planet earth is on his way to end for sure. All we can see now is pollution. The water we drink is not safe to drink anymore neither the air we breathe in is pure. Even the soil on which our food is grown is not pure. The atmosphere is polluted and the huge fraction of these pollutants is radioactive waste. Many industries throw their waste in dump yards and from there it goes into the soil. People think that putting soil on waste will make it less harmful but unfortunately, it is not the solution.
Madison soil and air contain radon which is produced by the breakdown of uranium. Uranium is also a highly radioactive element. Now let us talk about the radon itself. Radon is one of the gases which is a member of Nobel Gases family. This gas is highly radioactive and emits dangerous radioactive rays. The ray produced by radon can cause cancer and tumours of different types.
Radon by nature does not have any colour, taste or smell. People would be living in the dangerous environment without any clue that they are breathing in cancer. Because of its nature, some special tests are taken to determine the level of radon.
TEST TO DETERMINE RADON LEVEL
Different type of test is done to determine the level of radon in air.
- Short Term Radon Test Kit: The short-term radon test kit is fast and easy. It only requires 5 to 7 days to determine the radon level.
- Long Term Radon Test Kit: Long-term radon test kits are also easy but they are time to consume. It may take anywhere from 60 to 90 days to conclude the radon level.
- Professional Radon Test: Many organizations offer their service for money. These organizations send their workers to your houses and workplaces and then they will do their work.
After the test is done if the radon level is found high then Radon Mitigation Madison are installed. Many organization offers their services for residents of Madison.
TYPES RADON MITIGATION SYSTEMS:
There are a huge variety of radon mitigation systems available in Madison. Customers can choose one which suits their need.
- Attic Mitigation System
- Exterior Mitigation System
- Passive Mitigation System
- Crawlspace Mitigation System
- If you are personally doing radon testing then keep in mind that follow all the rules or result will not be accurate.
- Close all the windows and doors before starting the test.
- Make sure that the flow of air is minimal e.g. do not use the air conditioner, fan or any other mechanism which can change the rate of air flow.
- Do not place radon testing device in the humid area. The rate of humidity may cause an error in the accuracy of radon testing kit.
- Although using radon testing kit is easy and cheap but we advise you to call professional. There are many organizations working in Madison who know there job and can perform these test better than you and I.